LAST UPDATED: 22nd October 2014
Our site is a site operated by The BIP (We) of ICE (Institute for Creative Enterprise), Parkside, Coventry, CV1 2NE .
- You are responsible for all access to the Site using your Internet connection, even if the access is by another person.
- We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is available at all times. However, we cannot guarantee that the Site or any individual function or feature of the Site will always be available and/or error free. In particular, the Site may be unavailable during periods when we are implementing upgrades to or carrying out essential maintenance on the Site.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- We provide the Site on an ‘as is’ basis and make no representations as to the quality, completeness or accuracy of any content made available on the Site. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
9.1 use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
9.2 use the Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity;
9.3 impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make;
9.4 interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks;
9.5 transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
9.6 reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site;
9.7 modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site. If you wish to reverse engineer any part of the Site to create an interoperable program you must contact us and we may provide interface data subject to verification of your identity and other information;
9.8 remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site;
9.9 frame or mirror any part of the Site without our express prior written consent;
9.10 create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content;
9.11use any manual or automatic device in any way to gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service.
We reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
- The Site may provide links to other websites and online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Your use of third party websites and resources is at your own risk.
- We may block any links to or from the Site. Additionally, we may provide tools to allow you to link to the
Site directly from a third party site; if you do link to the Site (whether using such tools or otherwise),
You may create a link to this Site, provided that:
- the link is fair and legal and is not presented in a way that is:
- misleading or could suggest any type of association, approval or endorsement by us that does not exist, or
- harmful to our reputation or the reputation of any of our affiliates;
- you retain the legal right and technical ability to immediately remove the link at any time, following a request by us to do so;
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you;
- We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Site at any time and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with our content standards.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Discussion Boards
- Direct Emails from BIP or other members
- The disclosure of registration details onto the main site
- The promotion of offers and other opportunities direct to members through their online account or their email.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
- The following content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute (in whatever media) to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
The above does not comprise of an exhaustive list we may include further provisions by amending this page.
We retain full editorial control over contributions to our site and may refuse to publish or take down any material already published for any reason whatsoever.
You retain ownership of the copyright in any contributions made to our site, but upon submission, you grant to us a perpetual, worldwide, exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish and continue publishing without limit as to time, and whether or not you continue to be a registered user, all such contributions.
- Registered users may purchase advertising and sector sponsorship services from us. (Terms of Supply) apply
to all services provided by us in connection with our site for which we currently make a charge.
- Orders for advertising should be placed using the booking form available on the user dashboard. Save as provided below, a contract for the provision of advertising services will come into effect when your order has been acknowledged and all sums due on acceptance have been received in cleared funds. We reserve the right to reject or not acknowledge any booking for advertising (for any reason whatsoever). If we need to amend your booking, we will usually confirm the new terms in writing and a contract will be formed when you have indicated acceptance and all sums payable on acceptance has been received in cleared funds, save that we have the discretion not to proceed with any booking if you fail to confirm acceptance within 24 hours.
If you wish to purchase sector sponsorship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a proposal and a project plan. A contract for the provision of the services included within the proposal will come into existence when you have confirmed acceptance and any sums payable on acceptance have been received in cleared funds.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, unless we agree otherwise or proceed with performance, all orders will automatically be cancelled if you fail to provide approval of a proposal or pay any sums payable on acceptance within 3 days of this being requested (or such earlier time as the services were planned to commence).
Once placed, you may not cancel an order.If you place an order or agree to a proposal on behalf of a body corporate or partnership, you warrant that you are duly authorised to do so.
- Approval of advertisements
We reserve the right to:
- Refuse to publish any advertisement and any other contributions for any reason whatsoever (whether technical, legal, aesthetic or otherwise).
- Propose alterations to advertisements where we deem this to be necessary or desirable.
We shall not be required to provide any proof of insertion of an advertisement. In the event that there is any error in an advertisement which we publish on your behalf, we may replace the advertisement or make a reasonable adjustment to or refund the relevant costs. In no event shall our liability in connection with any error exceed that part of the contract price which is applicable to the publication of the advertisement during the period before the error was corrected.
- You warrant that the publication of advertising copy and other contributions which you contribute will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
We will own the copyright in any articles or editorials which we, or our agents, employees or servants, create for you during the course of the contract. We shall have an unlimited right to publish these articles and editorials on the worldwide web and you shall have a perpetual, exclusive, worldwide, licence to publish on your own website.
- The cost of the services will be as published on our website (except in the case of a clear mistake) or quoted in our proposal.All invoices shall be payable strictly on the agreed dates or in the absence of an agreement, by return.
Without prejudice to our other rights, in the event that you do not pay any sums due to us on the due date, we may terminate a contract or suspend our performance until the outstanding amount has been paid in full.All sums payable to us shall be payable without deduction. Prices stated are exclusive of value added tax.
- To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude, in connection with any services supplied to you:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- Nothing in this document affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We will have no liability in connection with any delay in the publication of an advertisement or any contributions. If an advert or editorial is not published within 21 days of the agreed date, for a reason which is not your fault, you may, as your sole remedy, terminate your order. Termination shall be without prejudice to your duty to pay for services provided prior to the date of termination.
We will have no liability in connection with any unavailability of our site during the contract period. If our site is unavailable for a period of more than 72 consecutive hours (otherwise than for reasons outside of our reasonable control), your sole remedy shall be to terminate your order, whereupon any charges we have received in relation to services applicable to a period after the date of termination shall be refunded to you in full. Termination shall be without prejudice to your duty to pay for services provided prior to the date of termination.
Without prejudice to the other limitations on our liability, whether contained within this section or otherwise, our total aggregate liability to you in connection with any services we agree to supply (whether in contract, tort, including without limit, negligence, or otherwise) shall not exceed the contract price.
- The expiry or termination of each contract for services will be without prejudice to our accrued rights against you.
- These Terms of Supply may be updated from time to time as new products and services become available. You should always check the latest version of our Terms of Supply on our website before placing any orders.
- Our privacy commitment
- The BIP, the operators of www.thebiponline.co.uk website (‘Website‘) are committed to respecting your privacy and recognising your need for appropriate protection and management of personally identifiable information or other personal information you share with us including any information about you or by which you can be identified, such as your name, address, telephone number, photographs, credit card information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, etc. (‘Personal Information‘).
- What information is collected?
- In general, you can visit many of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information. For each visitor to our Website, our Web server automatically recognizes only the consumer’s domain name, but not the e-mail address (where possible).
- We may track the Internet domain address from which people visit us and analyse this data for trends and statistics, but individual users will remain anonymous, unless you voluntarily tell us who you are.
- There may be times (such as when you subscribe to a Service on the Website, purchase or order a product, register to receive marketing information, or to participate in competitions, user reviews, contests, or promotions, etc) at which we ask you to provide certain information about yourself such as your name, shipping/billing address, telephone or mobile number, email address, credit card information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, etc.
- We also maintain a record of your online services, subscriptions or product and service purchases. Whether or not to provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide this information we request, you may be unable to subscribe to the Services or purchase products, or access certain Services, offers and content on our Website.
- We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect certain user information such as information relating to computer location, URL and IP address and domains, your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our Website.
- You should be aware that as this site is monitored, we may collect this information even if you do not register with us and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
- When you use the Website, register and/or subscribe for our Services (or as required) or purchase products, you may have to complete a subscription process including a registration form and provide Personal Information.
- Personal information
- When you access the Services or buy products from the Website (where applicable), the Website may record your details to ensure that we comply with legal and contractual requirements, or are able to contact you, resolve any queries and process your subscriptions or orders to completion.
- Any Personal Information collected via this Website will be held by or on behalf of BIP. We will only use your Personal Information as is required to provide, sell or supply products or the relevant Services, or as permitted by data protection law, or for any other purposes as requested by or agreed with you.
- The Services may include collecting relevant payment and complying with your order, providing you with emails which you have elected to receive following access or purchase of products or subscription to the services, keeping you informed by email of any additional services, promotion of products and/or services similar to those subscribed or purchased by you, and complying with our legal requirements. The Personal Information we collect and its use is further detailed below.
- Where you have consented to receive emails or you have subscribed to the Website or in respect of any Services, if you do not want to be contacted in the future about any promotional or marketing offers, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com and we will stop sending you any promotional emails.
- If you have contacted us or submitted queries via email, we will use the information solely to respond to these emails and in relation to the products or services.
- Using information about you
- Your e-mail information is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes. We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
- We use the Personal Information you provide in connection with the Services and internal purposes, such as confirming and tracking your subscription, registration or order, analysing trends and statistics, informing you of our new products, services and offers and providing you with information from and about the Website, BIP or related companies.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mailings, please let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may contract with third party companies, sub-contractors, service providers, agents or other persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data management, web development, promotional services, etc (‘Service Providers‘). We call them our Service Providers and we shall be entitled to provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage in order to help us develop the Website and our Services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- From time to time we may provide your Personal Information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the Website, online experience, products or services (or as the case may be) we provide. We or our Service Providers may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone (or as required) to ask you for your feedback and comments on our Website, products or services.
- We, our group companies or related third parties may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our Website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an e-mail message to the contact details as indicated below.
- Product and promotional information
- When you access certain pages of the Website, subscribe for a Service, purchase products or register for competitions or other services, you may be given the opportunity to receive information by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you.
- In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration or other process.
- You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line, by e-mailing us at email@example.com or telephoning us on the contact numbers provided.
- When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you will have to provide your name, email address and mailing address and if you win, we will send the prize to the contact address or details provided.
- As part of entry into a prize draw, competition, contest or other promotion on the Website, you may also be included in our BIP newsletter or subscription list to receive notice of or information on new or updated products, marketing materials, promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
- Children and minors
- The BIP does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children and minors. Anyone under the age of eighteen (18) will not be knowingly allowed to register for any service on the Website or to purchase any products or service on the Website.
- If you are under eighteen (18), please do not attempt to register on the Website or send any Personal Information to us. This is information about yourself, including your name, e-mail or home address, house telephone number, mobile number or other contact details. No one under the age of eighteen (18) may provide any personal information to the Website or receive any Services on BIP Website.
- In the event that we become aware or informed that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
- Minors of under eighteen (18) years old should make sure that they ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet including to BIP.
- Provision of information to third parties
- We will not disclose any Personal Information to third parties unless the disclosure is required or authorised by law, or you have consented to our disclosing your Personal Information, or for other purposes (relating to the primary purpose for collecting that information, including the processing of your personal data or Personal Information by our agents or data processors) that is reasonably expected including the sale or disposal of any part of our business or rights.
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed to other businesses within our group of companies and to reputable third parties who will help process your order. We will require all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to comply with all applicable Data Protection Act 1998 regulations.
- If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory, investigatory or government authority to provide your Personal Information and/or other user Information, we are entitled do so in compliance with the law or to facilitate an investigation into suspected unlawful activities.
- Your consent
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the purposes of processing your services or orders, statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you, provision of website content and advertisements to you, administration of this Website and where you consent, to notify you of services, products or special offers that may be of interest to you. You consent to such contact whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- IN THE EVENT THAT ANY CONTENT (AS SET OUT IN OUR RELEVANT TERMS AND USE) IS CHOSEN BY US TO BE USED, EDITED, TRANSMITTED, FOR THE CREATION OF DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM OR PUBLICATION IN ANY MEDIA IN CONNECTION WITH OUR BUSINESS, PRODUCTS, ADVERTISING, MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS ACTIVITIES, WE MAY USE YOUR NAME, AND LOCATION ALONGSIDE SUCH USE. BY SUBMITTING CONTENT AND YOUR NAME, AND LOCATION YOU CONSENT TO SUCH USE AND ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NO FURTHER PERMISSION SHALL BE SOUGHT FROM YOU OR PAYMENT MADE TO YOU IN RESPECT THEREOF.
- Cookies policy
- Our Website uses ‘cookies’ to distinguish you from other users of our website.
- This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our service. On revisiting our website, we will therefore be able to obtain information about your previous visits and about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
- Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches and to recognise you when you return to our site.
- Generally provide a more convenient browsing experience for you.
- A cookie is a small amount of data or parcels of text that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive if you agree. Generally, such a ‘cookie’ being a file in your web browser will enable the Website to recognise your computer when you visit the site.
- You can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
- You can accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or modify your browser to alert you of any new cookies. To clear the stored cookies, you can normally go to the Tools dropdown menu at the top of the browser window.
- Certain parts of the Website may not function without technical problems if you have ‘disabled’ the cookies file in your browser.
- You can discover independent information about cookies by researching the Internet or carrying out online searches.
- Editing, updating, correcting and deleting information about you
If you prefer not to receive information from us, or wish to correct your information, please let us know by:
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Policy changes
- Your Feedback