Online retailer Mobile Fun announces full year results…
Sales, orders and profits grow as mobile accessories retailer expands international footprint
Birmingham, Mobile Fun, the UK’s leading online retailer of mobile device accessories, has announced record turnover and profit figures in its full year results for the last financial year.
Mohammed Hussain, Managing Director of Mobile Fun, commented: “We’ve enjoyed another year of unprecedented growth, especially across our international business. The strength of the consumer smartphone market is driving demand, and we’ve been able to capitalise on this by giving customers what they really care about – a wide choice of mobile accessories and fast delivery.”
During the year, Mobile Fun launched in 22 new countries, boosting international sales and reinforcing the retailer’s position as a growing global business.
“We are continuing to grow – our tried and tested template for international expansion enabled us to roll out to new territories at a rapid pace. Our newly established websites are performing strongly and introducing the Mobile Fun brand to new customers across Europe, Asia and America. We are positive in our outlook for the year ahead – our successful international strategy will continue, and we are putting in place exciting new plans for further growth.” concluded Hussain.
Key achievements in the financial year ending 31 March 2013
- Sales increased by 14.7% to £11.5m;
- International sales up by 45% to £4.9m, now accounting for 42.3% of all sales;
- EBITDA rose by 28.3% to £1.1m;
- Total group orders up 17.2% to 465,847; with orders on international websites up 58.6% to 156,532;
- Website traffic – total monthly website visits for the year up by 40.8%, with an average of 2.9 million monthly website visits received during the year
- International footprint – Mobile Fun presence now in 27 countries, with 22 new websites launched
- Warehouse expansion – mezzanine installation increased total storage space by 50%
- Headcount – employee numbers up to 82 by year end.
As of September 2013, Mobile Fun operates dedicated websites for Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK and the USA.
Go to the main page
Tags: Birmingham, birmingham business news, Business, Business Events, Business Information Portal, Business News, Business startup, businesses, employment, Entrepreneur, Entrepreneurism, Graduate, graduate internships, graduate recruitment, investment, london, Managing Director of Mobile Fun, mobile device accessories, Mobile Fun, Mohammed Hussain, News in Brief, online retailer, Small and medium enterprises, SME, SMEs, Students, tax, technology, The BIP, UK, UK’s leading online retailer, West Midlands, West Midlands BIP, West Midlands Business News